YAKITORI GRILLED TO PERFECTION
Last updated: May 22, 2015
About Your Privacy
Welcome to the Q-Shi-Q website (the “Site”). Your privacy is very important to us. We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our Site or upon request to our Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia). This policy applies to individuals who access our Site. This policy may change over time. We may add, change or remove portions of this Policy when we feel it is appropriate. Such changes become effective upon posting.
Our Privacy Principles
Q-Shi-Q is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. As part of this commitment, we have adopted the following ten principles:
1. Accountability – Q-Shi-Q is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information under its control and will designate one or more individuals to be accountable for compliance with these principles.
2. Identifying Purposes – the purposes for which your personal information is collected will be identified before or at the time the personal information is collected.
3. Consent – your consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, except where the law provides an exemption.
4. Limiting Collection – the personal information we collect will be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes.
6. Accuracy – we will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards – we will protect your personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information received.
8. Openness – we will provide information to you about our policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information that is under our control.
9. Individual’s Access – On written request to our Privacy Officer email@example.com, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of the personal information that is under our control, and may be given access to that personal information as required and permitted by law. You are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of any personal information and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
10. Handling Enquiries or Complaints – any questions or enquiries you may have concerning compliance with our privacy policies and procedures may be addressed to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
Users simply browsing our Website will generally be able to do so anonymously.
If you register for e-mail subscription, the Forum/Message Board, and or the Online Ordering services offered through our Website, collecting personal information about you as a registrant to create your account is essential to our being able to provide those services.
Registrant Information for your account will be collected and used for:
– administration of your account;
– arrange billing for Online Ordering Services;
– to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
– contests and promotions
We will not disclose Registrant Information to other registrants or third parties unless required or permitted by applicable law.
If you elect the option to subscribe to the Q-Shi-Q distribution list when registering, we will use your email address to distribute to you from time to time promotional materials of and information about Q-Shi-Q. You may unsubscribe from our distribution list at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
User-posted information you voluntarily submit to the Forum/Message Board is intended for public consumption and will be used and disclosed as follows:
– to be displayed on the Forum/Message Board
– distribution to wider audience and third parties
– use in promotional material of Q-Shi-Q
Other users may be able to identify you or associate you with your account if you include personal information on postings to the Forum/Message Board.
Online Ordering history information generated through the use of your Online Ordering account will be used for the following purposes:
(a) to provide requested products and services;
(b) to understand and assess your needs and notify you of other products and services designed to meet those needs;
(c) for billing and accounting services;
(d) administration of your account;
(e) for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes;
(f) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including tax reporting requirements; and
(g) customer surveys.
Online Ordering history will not be disclosed to any third party, except as provided above.
Q-Shi-Q retains order history information and account registrant information only as long as we are required to for our business relationship or as required by applicable law, subject to reasonable industry practices for records retention. Q-Shi-Q has appropriate procedures in place with respect to the destruction, deletion and disposition of personal information when it is no longer required by us.
Consent To Use Personal Information
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you register or request services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or even prevent us from being able to provide you with the products or services desired.
There are also legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if we must comply with a court order or regulatory requirements.
Sharing Personal Information With Others
We are not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. In providing our services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, business partners and service providers or agents who perform various functions for us (such as third party payment processing companies, or contracted delivery services).
We may anonymize the information you provide to perform statistical analysis and market research which may be used by us or by other third parties in assessing product offerings, business strategy and organizational planning.
As we develop and grow, we may buy, merge, or sell parts of our business. As our businesses consist primarily of customer relationships, information regarding the particular accounts or services being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the transferred business assets. In such cases, appropriate safeguards are maintained.
In certain circumstances, we may be required or permitted to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
Keeping Information Accurate
It is important that your registrant information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of email, address, your legal name or any other circumstances. You can update this information on the Site.
Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us. Please ensure that your Account Settings information is up-to-date, correct and complete at all times.
How We Safeguard Personal Information
We employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
Our service providers and agents are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
If there is a dispute regarding your personal information or this Policy, you agree to use reasonable efforts to resolve such dispute with us informally and to consult and negotiate with us in good faith to reach a fair and equitable solution. If the dispute is not resolved through an informal process within thirty (30) days, either party may consult the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia.
As a result of our use of third party providers, information on the Site including registrant information and remote ordering history may be located outside of Canada and accessed from outside of Canada.
Please contact our Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org